Monday, May 9, 2011

Never Give Up!

Within the last few days, I've gotten some... not-so-good news; and trying to deal with that and the stress of other issues, is becoming a great challenge for me. At this point, I'm beyond exhausted. I just want some answers..... Seven years and counting, still no answers.... and new issues are being added to the list....

Anyways,

 A great friend of mines gave me a book about 2 years ago... and just wanted to share an excerpt of it with you.... it soothes some of my frustrations lol... but enjoy....

"Even though I may be surrounded by oppressors, I am never smothered or crushed by them. I may suffer embarrassments and become perplexed, and it may seem that there is no way out, but I still will not be driven to despair. Even though I may be pursued, persecuted, and hard driven, God will never desert me and make me stand alone. Even though I may be struck down to the ground, I will never be struck out or destroyed. No matter what difficulties or obstacles may come my way, I will NEVER, NEVER NEVER QUIT!

I will not faint in the time of adversity because God is with me. I am strong and very courageous. I am persistent and undaunted in my faith. I shall never quit and I will not yield. I will not bow my knee to sickness. I am steadfast and unmovable. I am valiant and fearless, determined and resolute in my faith. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I will not lose heart; I will not weaken or cave in. Victory is mine. I am relentless in my pursuit of total and complete wellness and wholeness for my body." 
- Harrison House


In a nutshell, when it comes to this point, I have to remind myself that feeling frustrated, stressed out, etc about the situation is NOT going to change the situation! So why waste that energy! Believe me, I have to remind myself very often!!!

Remember,
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11  [NIV]


So Never Give Up! Believe me it's tempting, but never gratifying! ;-)

XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love it Tuna! And I LOVE YOU! Don't you worry, we'll get answers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im just now seeing this!!!! Luv u too Carrot!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments!!! ;-)